In order to help you, we are going to present you a few tips you can use when buying a car for Black Friday. Here is a list of dos and don’ts that can help you make the most of your Black Friday shopping day:
- If you are interested in a specific car make sure to do a test-drive before Black Friday. Keep in mind that there might be a little bit challenging to test-drive several cars on this crazy shopping day because of the rush of shoppers.
- It is important to check the inventory of the dealership online so you can choose your vehicle ahead of time. We advise you to pick an alternative, in case the car you want to try and buy is not available.
- Before you get to the dealership, prepare your financing.
- Our advice is to make sure to arrive at the dealership place as early as possible. You will have a better selection of cars to choose from and the best thing is that there will be fewer shoppers to compete with. There are dealerships that open as early as 6.a.m.
- You need to have patience with the sales process. For example, some dealership will be short on salespeople or some salespeople may have to talk to more than one shopper at a time.
- Have all of your paperwork done and ready to go before you visit the dealership. Don’t forget to bring your driver license with you, the method of payment, and proof of auto insurance.
- You should know the general rules if you want to be in an advantage! For instance, there are dealerships who give gifts to finalize the vehicle purchase, there are others who give gift cards and iPads to sweeten the deal, and etc.
- Wait until Black Friday to estimate your trade-in. If there is a CarMax in your local area, make sure to get an estimation before Thanksgiving. By doing so, you have an estimated trade-in amount at the dealership for Black Friday.
- Think that you will have to discuss for hours to get the best or the lowest price.
- Assume that the car you want will get an after-Thanksgiving discount.
Black Friday is the most popular shopping day of the year so be ready and take advantage of the offers, deals, and promotions!